Wednesday, June 15, 2011

No End In Sight!

Back in February someone said, "You better enjoy all this support because one day soon it will all be gone." I would like to bite my thumb at that person now (which in Shakespearean England was a big put down). I feel like the support for our family has only gotten stronger. I feel there is no end in sight.

The Team Allen facebook page was simply a way for me to get information out about Chaz without having a bunch of people I don't know in my personal business. Now it has taken on a life of its own. More new people "like" the page everyday. People are still buying T-shirts and now there are going to be car stickers and someone even has a tattoo. Over 300 people showed up to welcome Chaz home, over 200 were at the fundraiser. So to say the support is dying down is totally asinine. Then today Gretchen and Ryan take it upon themselves to help Chaz exceed his $500 goal for Team Fisher House. All of these examples serve as an reminders of how great people can be when they find something to believe in. I am so thankful to see that so many people believe in my husband.

Chaz has always been and will always be the love of my life and my best friend, but to see that other people can see how amazing he is truly incredible. I have always known how great he is. I feel like there are no real words to describe how great this experience is. I am just so thankful for everyone who is willing to help our family through this journey.

Everyday since January 22, we have been shown how amazing life truly is. Everyday I think back to the voice on the phone who asked, "Where will you be today, in case we have to notify you of your husband's death?" Then I think about what all Chaz has been through. It is so great that what could have been a tragedy has turned into nothing short of spectacular.  We have had little hiccups, like today's, all along the way, but for every hiccup something great comes right behind it. I can see immediately that today's great thing was Gretchen and Ryan helping us raise the money for the Fisher Foundation. I am so excited that Chaz and I can help pay the Fisher Foundation back for everything they've done for our family.

I know God still has so many more great things in store for us. I can't wait to see what's next! Thank you so much for your prayers and support.
=) Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment