Saturday, March 26, 2011

Last Night!

Last night we decided to venture out for the first time. We had a ton of success with this outing. Chaz was comfortable (which is the most important thing) and we all had a really great time. He wasn't thrilled about his entree, but I think he was looking for something else (something more autherntic). We will venture out somewhere else next time to hopefully find exactly what he is looking for. The girls fought over who was going to push Daddy's wheel chair and truly enjoyed helping him. We had lots of laughs and highly enjoyed ourselves.
We had to park in a parking garage down in Silver Springs, MD. When we went to leave a lady asked me if that was my husband and I said yes. Then she asked is he at Walter Reed, I said yes. Then she says give me your parking ticket. I said excuse me. She says, please it is the least I can do. Unfortunately we had not been there long enough to be charged for parking so she was disappointed. I made it up to her by taking her to meet Chaz. She thanked him for his service. I told her about the Team Allen site and she told us she'd be checking in on us.
Isn't it great that amazing people are still out there?! I love that you never know where the kindness of strangers will show up!
=) Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment