Monday, April 18, 2011

Numbers

This morning a few numbers just came across my mind.
85- days since this all began
112 (and still counting)-That's how many tax returns I have done this year in the midst of my every other week schedule.
4-That's how many pairs of New Balance tennis shoes I have purchased, thanks to the concrete floors of the hospital. My feet were totally not prepared for that one.
13 (and still counting)- That's how many plane rides I have been on with more to come. That would also be the same amount of times I have been to Nashville and Ronald Reagan Airports.
100- thank you cards arrived last weekend, so one day I can begin to send our thanks to all of the incredible people who have helped us on this journey.
2-that's how many pant sizes I have lost. I don't believe in having scales, so I don't know how many pounds I have lost. And I don't care! I look and feel great and that's all that matters. Chaz's OIC said I'm one of the first wives to lose weight in the midst of this. The other day he told me that I didn't need to lose, but I look great. He also said he doesn't get to say that to the wives that often.
200 plus (and still counting) cups of Chai!
6-boxes of over the counter allergy medication to survive spring in two different areas.
2 (and still counting)-that's how pairs of legs Chaz has been through so far!
2- That's how many wheelchairs Chaz has.
4- hospital beds (that I remember)
4- The number of hospitals he has been in since Jan 22.

I lost count a long time ago how many surgeries, ultrasounds, CTs, X-rays and blood transfusions Chaz has been through. I don't think I really want to know. I think that might depress me a little. I also don't count the meds, shots and wound care changes I've done. All of those numbers would be high. But I do know he currently takes 13 pills and a shot between 8 and 10pm, I have to count those all out every night.

Isn't it crazy to actually sit down and think about these things?! One thing is for sure Wounded Warrior Wives go through a lot. These numbers just skim the surface of what goes on in our world. I am so thankful that we have become friends with the 2 other strong families on our ward. Between the 3 of us, we gals get a lot done and we are great sources of information for each other. I am so thankful to be supported by these incredible women, the awesome hospital staff and our 101st family. I am also thankful for all of you! You raise us up with your energy and prayers!
Thank you!
=) Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment