Friday, July 22, 2011

Happy 6th Month Alive Day for us!!!

I woke up this morning and knew it was just going to be a great day. But I wake up with this attitude everyday. Then as the morning progressed I realized the date. I knew my best friend was having her baby and realized we have a new birthday to celebrate and then it dawned on me, wow 6 months ago today was when Chaz took the step that changed our lives.

Alive Days are a big deal around here. Even though the guys are so humble they don't want to celebrate these milestones. Chaz says he'll only celebrate the big ones and today is a big one for me! I just sit back and look at how far we've come in such a short time and it makes me so proud! I am so blessed to be married to such a great and inspirational man and then to be blessed by these two resilient little girls. We wouldn't be able to get through all of this without our team effort. Chaz and I compliment each other very well. Even though we are opposites we make it work and we make a great team. We lift each other up and defeat any adversities that dare try to come our way. And because of this teamwork, together we have created these two amazing little girls. I feel sometimes I could burst from all the things I have to be thankful for. I am so blessed to have that problem.

It is not hard for me to close my eyes and remember the call that came in that day. I remember having to sit the girls down and tell them everything. I remember how worried I was on the first plane ride I took to go see Chaz. I remember all the worries, doubts and confusions I had. And I remember how he washed all those away once I saw him. I won't forget any of it anytime soon. But I'll also never forget all of the good that has come to us within the past six months.

We have been so blessed by some many people and organizations. Thank you just doesn't seem like enough. But we are surrounded by people who don't expect nor want to be thanked. This is kind of my thank you card to all of them. I am normally so good about all the thank you cards, but I don't think I'll ever be able to write them all.

I always knew I had so many awesome friends and family, but now I know who my real friends are. I thank you for all your support. Thank you for helping me make all of this work. I know you all had your doubts with the week here, week there plan, but together we did it. It truly takes a village to make life work and we are so blessed that ours has grown to be so big in the past six months.

Thank you all for helping us get this far. We never could have made it without all of your support and prayers! We are forever thankful. God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment