Thursday, October 4, 2012

Reflecting....

Going off the grid was amazing!! Last Friday I boarded a boat with my beautiful family. We called Gee and Nana (the grandmas) so the girls could tell them about the boat. Then I flipped my iPhone on airplane mode and shut it off. To make sure I wouldn't be tempted to reconnect to the world, I took the extra effort and put my iPhone into a bag I wouldn't touch until we got back to Baltimore and zipped it shut. Just a warning, this may be the first in a stream of blogs resulting from this trip. Don't day I didn't warn you.

For 6 straight days, the three people I love the most had all of me. No distractions, no phones, no emails, it was just the four of us having uninterrupted fun. It was as close to perfect as one can get.

We let the girls control the trip. We ate when they were hungry. We took them swimming when they wanted to swim. We snuggled them when they wanted to snuggle. We shopped when they wanted to shop. They only thing we made them do was shower and brush their teeth. You know we had to keep some of the rules. ;)

The first night by the pool, gravity caught up to me again. I watched our girls having a blast with their newly found friends. The weight of this journey fell onto my shoulders. But this time was different, this time I was overwhelmed with pride. Chaz and I have rocked this road. I thought back to January 22, 2011. I was so paralyzed with fear. I thought back to the day when I saw Chaz in ICU for the first time. Again I was paralyzed with fear, but I didn't let him or anyone else see that. I can close my eyes right now and paint you such a clear picture of those days. I can hear all the negative voices that have tried to beat us down on this journey. I can see all the obstacles that people threw into our way. They tried to beat us down with their negativity. We laughed in their faces and even kicked a few of their asses. 

Together my rockstar hubby and I held onto each other and our girls. Together we made plans and weathered a horrific storm. Together we stayed faithful to God's path and look at how we've been rewarded. God blessed us with amazing team members to help us get to where we are and my heart is simply overflowing. Thank you again to all of you that have helped us rock this path. We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for all of your prayers, cheers, tears, laughs, words and support!!!!


1 comment:

  1. So happy for your family that you had this amazing time together!
    Only the Lord can give this kind of peace. Praying hard right now!
    Isaiah 26:3-4 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete