Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Palm Tree

Joel Osteen's writing about the Palm Tree filled my head this morning. A while ago he wrote about how God designed the Palm tree to be so special. You see they grow in tropical climates, so they can withstand the heat. Also when the winds blow so hard and it look like those trees are about to snap, it turns out they are only growing stronger. You see God designed them to bend over and gain strength from bending. God designed those trees to continuously take a beating only to come out stronger in the end.


The families of wounded warriors have serious problems that need to listened to, not heard. There's a big difference between listening and hearing. You hear us just fine, but are you really listening. I had several wives tell me yesterday they are so tired of hearing the word "eventually." When they complain, they are being told eventually this will happen or that will happen. Well we don't have eventually, we need it now. These are serious times and we are dealing with people lives, eventually is just not good enough. And the problems can be solved quickly we just need the people who care to push it.

Yesterday while in a meeting I argued on behalf of the wives and caregivers that I am currently help navigate through this system. Even with examples (not names) I was still treated as if I am the only one with any problems. I am so very far from the only one.

The caregivers who surround me are amazing people. Our war never seems to end. We fight constantly. We fight for everything. Once we think one fight is over a new one begins. To me we are all Palm trees and I have news for those who ignorantly think that we will go away. Your winds are only strengthening our trunks. Your heat only makes our leaves more green. We ladies are only helping our roots grow stronger and making our trunks thicker. We are tired of fighting and honestly shouldn't have to, but these Palm trees are not going to bow down. Nope we'll stand strong and proud of our families and we will not give up.

4 comments:

  1. These words are so very comforting! Praying right now!
    John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lifting up prayers!
    Psalms 145:14-18 The LORD upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down. The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season. Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing. The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works. The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know that I'm here praying!
    John 11:25-26: Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jes-
    I read your blog all the time! You inspire me. My daughters were in your girl scout troop back in Clarksville. I've actually been pretty down, but you are encouraging me to do things I never thought I could do. You mentioned the Palm Tree by Joel Osteen. Could you tell me what book you are reading or where you read that? I am interested in reading it! Blessings to your family! Where do you continually find encouragement? I seem to get so discouraged, everytime I turn around, it seems I get pushed back 10 fold! I've even lost my faith. I believe in God and a higher power, but I'm no longer sure. Well anyway, could you send me the title to the book about the palm tree! thanks - Jamie Richards

    ReplyDelete