Sunday, June 30, 2013

Jamming in June

Well making my mixed berry jelly is the one thing I have not done in June. I have no idea how I could have squeezed it in. This has been such a crazy busy month. Let me give you the Cliff Notes version (with pictures) of our June 2013.

We started June out in Florida with family celebrating my oldest niece's high school graduation.


Of course we had to sneak in a little beach time too!!


Yes our 10 year old is almost as tall as my 18 year old niece. ;)

We were home for less than ten days when we packed up again and flew to back to Bethesda. I went for work, Chaz went for legs. (Yes you read that correctly. More on that in a later post.)

 

We landed on Wednesday the 19th. Thursday was recital practice and I went to dinner to say "See you later" to three awesome Army wives that I have had the privilege of knowing over the years. Chaz and I pulled into the drive way at the same time as his Mom, sister, niece and nephew. They drove 13 hours to come up for a quick visit and see Ryann's recital.


Ry enjoyed getting help from big sister backstage at recital.


Daddy was quite proud of his dancing Stingray!

Of course recital was great, but boy was it exhausting. I had to take Saturday and Sunday to recover from all the go-go-go. The kids did not mind a fun in the water while I caught up on rest.

 

We loaded up for some Nashville fun on Monday. We treated the kids to a trip to build a bear and lunch at the mall. I was so happy to be a part of my niece and two nephews' first build a bear experience. It was so fun to see their faces as the reacted to the store.


Monday evening, Tuesday and Wednesday I crammed as much work in as possible so the girls and I could take a fun little Girls ONLY trip to St Louis. My fellow Army wives, my mom and I loaded up in two vehicles and surprised our cuties with a trip to the American Girl Store to see the premier of "Saige Paint the Sky" and several Saige activities. Can you believe American Girl does all these things for free? My goodness it was so worth the travel and hotel. The girls had such a great time.


My awesome Mom took the girls to the movie and my friends and I ran off to have some mommy time. I snuck in a interview with a newspaper for YRF and answered a bunch of emails during our time, but luckily I have great friends who are very understanding. (By the way, thanks again ladies.)


I was EXHAUSTED yesterday and to be honest was worthless, so I took the day off. Today I passed the Financial Counseling/Debt Management Exam. One more test and I have my AFC-Accredited Financial Counselor's license. You can say I ended the month on a very good note!

Boy did we have a TON of fun in June. I pleased to report July and August look to be a calm travel month. But with the way things go with us, who knows?! As long as it's fun we're in!!! ;)



 

2 comments:

  1. I was out of town for a while but am back now.
    Life can seem so overwhelming at times. God can seem so very far away. He's always there, especially when the times are the hardest! Praying!
    Psalms 13:1-6 How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? ... Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, ... But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation. I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. These words are so familiar and filled with so much comfort! Praying!
    Psalms 23:1-3 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete