Thursday, November 1, 2012

101st Association

I decided that to add to my 30 days of Random Kindness, I want to tell you more about the non-profits and their awesome staff who have entered our life since Chaz's injury. I am going to go in order of how they entered our life since January 22, 2011. I think that is the only fair way to do it. I don't know if I have 30, but I have a nice list of amazing non-profits and you need to know more about them all. My little family has been able to travel down this road to the new normal thanks to all of them. So it's my turn to brag on them a little!!

First up is the 101st Association. These guys entered our lives the day we arrived on WRAMC's Ward 57 which was January 27th, 2011. I'll never forget meeting Bob Seitz and Dick Winters. They were just amazing. They wanted me to know they were here in the area and they wanted to help. We let Chaz rest and they took me out in the hall to learn all about us. Little did I know that when they said they wanted to help us, they weren't kidding.

Throughout this journey Bob and Dick have kept up with everything from birthdays to travel arrangements to the girls homeschool to helping Chaz get his dress uniform. I just talked to Dick on the phone last week and saw Bob at the hospital yesterday. I know they will be a part of our healing for a very long time and I am very proud of the relationship we have with them.

Before Hero Miles came into my life, the 101st Association offered to pay for all of my plane tickets back and forth. When we went to head home to Clarksville, CSM St Louis of the HQ chapter helped us get the ramp for the front door so Chaz could get in and out of the house. He told me what he needed from WRAMC and helped me get the forms. He was even there to supervise the construction. And St Louis was there when we landed. I got a call from Dick the morning after our homecoming because he saw us on the news and was so excited about it.

We are by far not the only family that receives these personal touches. No, the 101st Association treats all of our families this way. They know our soldiers and all their family members by first name. They are not just taking care of our wounded. No, they take care of any soldier who served with the 101st. During one of our trips home, Chaz became a Lifetime Member of the 101st Association and he is proud to have his card in his wallet.

The 101st Association is not only able to help the families, but they also help the Commanding General of the 101st. Our CG can focus on doing his job because he knows the 101st Association has his back and is helping him and all his soldiers complete their mission. This is so very important to our Army. Chaz and I are proud of his service with the 101st and we are proud to be a part of the 101st Association. Want to learn more about them? Visit www.screamingeagle.org/ today!!!

2 comments:

  1. Praying!
    Hebrews 4:14-16 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying in Seattle!
    Psalms 116:1-5 I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow. Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul. Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete